Table of Contents
Bad breath, also known as halitosis, affects approximately 25% of the world's population. The causes of this are varied, but in most cases it is due to a poor oral hygiene. This phenomenon often causes concern, embarrassment o anxiety to whomen he suffers from itn, but depending on what the cause is, it can be relatively easy to remedy. From Laboratorios KIN we want to show you some tips that can help reduce bad breath.
After cavities and gum disease, halitosis is the third most common reason patients come to the dentist's office.
It can be very easy to detect that we have bad breath or taste in our mouths, even more so in these times when mask use has become so frequent for everyone and we have felt our breath closer.
Follow some tips y a couple of lifestyle lifestyle changes, such as better dental hygiene and quitting smoking, can often eliminate the problem.
However, if bad breath persists, it is advisable to visit your dentist. your dentist to check to check for underlying causes.
What are the causes of bad breath?
The specific smell of the Breath can vary depending on the cause. The reasons why halitosis appears are usually the following:
- Smoking. Tobacco, by itself, modifies the mouth's aroma. In addition, smoking promotes the appearance of gum diseases that can also cause bad breath.
- Food leftovers. Decomposition of food particles trapped between the teeth can cause odors. Some foods strong, like onion and garlic te have a characteristic smell that generates bad breath.
- Dry mouth. Saliva naturally cleanses the mouth. In case of not generating enough saliva, either due to illness or a tendency to dehydration, is more likely to occur an accumulation of odors.
- Poor dental hygiene. A correct brushed, the use of rinsinge oral and del Flossing ensures the removal of small food particles that can accumulate and slowly decompose, encouraging the proliferation of bacteria in the mouth and generating a bad smell. The same happens if we wear prostheses, the Dentures that are not cleaned properly can also harbor bacteria that cause halitosis. It should be remembered in both cases thatFor complete oral hygiene, the tongue must also be brushed.
- Unbalanced diets. An unbalanced, low-carbohydrate diet can also produce halitosis. This is because a diet based on proteins and fats produces cethones, which have a strong aroma.
- Medications. Some medical treatments can decrease saliva production, thereby increasingr the possibility of qith bad breath. Other medications can produce odors as they break down and release chemicals into the breath. People who take vitamin supplements in large doses may also be prone to halitosis.
- Injuries in the mouth, nose, and throat. Sometimes, small, bacteria-covered stones can form on the tonsils and produce an odor. In addition, infections or inflammation in the nose, throat or sinuses also cause halitosis.
- Diseases. Some cancers, liver failure, and other metabolic diseases can cause halitosis from a combination of substances chemicas that they generate. Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) can cause bad breath by backflow of stomach acid into the throat.
Remedies for bad breath
The remedies for bad breath will depend largely on the origin of this one. However, you can follow the following recommendations:
- Regular brushing, flossing and of Mouthwash. Besides, to carefully brush each tooth should also brush your tonguethis helps to remove bacteria from its surface, especially after meals.
- Regular visits to the dentist to perform routine checks to ensure that dentures or orthoticsdonkeys are tight and clean.
- Quit smoking.
- Keep a good hydration drinking water and chewing gum or sugar-free candy to stimulate saliva production.
If the bad breath is due to a health problem such as a sinus infection, diabetes, reflux, etc., the medical problem must be treated and the bad breath will go away.
If halitosis is a side effect of taking a medication, you should talk to your doctor to see if there are other options available to replace it. Never stop taking a treatment without first consulting your specialist.
For patients who suffer xerostomia (dry mouth), the dentist may prescribe artificial saliva.
Products for bad breath (halitosis)
K LabsIN has the KIN range Fresh, that eliminates bad breath caused by tobacco, alcohol, consumption of certain foods, etc., providing a prolonged feeling of freshness. This range you offers the toothpaste y on Mouthwash for the daily oral hygiene routine and in addition It has a pilot oral spray easy to transport and that you can take with you at all times to be always fresho.
Good oral hygiene is the key. Be consistent and don't let halitosis precede you.
You may be interested in: - Can mascara affect the health of your mouth? - –