Brushing your teeth is something so normal that it sometimes is not given the importance it merits.
And the truth is that, although it may appear to be simple, it is important to know how to brush your teeth to enjoy good dental health. Therefore, we have prepared a simple guide of good habits for keeping your mouth healthy, clean and bright.
- Brush your teeth after each meal. Whenever this is not possible, sugar-free chewing gum will help you to maintain a healthy mouth, although whenever possible, we advise having a travel dental kit with you, like the ones made by KIN.
- To avoid an accumulation of dental plaque, it is advisable to use toothpaste with fluoride for two of the three times that you brush your teeth every day.
- If you wear braces, it is important to use dental floss or interdental brushes and orthodontic brushes to remove remnants of food.
- Even if you do not feel like it, we recommend using the interdental brush or dental floss once a day after brushing to remove remnants of food from between your teeth and prevent gingivitis. Your dental health will feel the difference!
- Spend two minutes brushing your teeth. You can use that time to listen to your favourite song!
- Use a suitable toothbrush for your mouth, there are different head sizes and toothbrush bristles with different degrees of hardness.
- Make sure that you follow the tips below on how to brush your teeth correctly:
- Tilt the toothbrush at a 45˚ angle to the edge of your gum and gently brush outwards. Always from the base to the tip of the tooth.
- Do not forget to properly brush the inside surface of your teeth! It is important not to just brush the outside.
- Gently brush your tongue. It also needs to be cleaned to eliminate bacteria and keep your breath fresh.
- Finally, as well as toothbrushing, use a good mouthwash that contains fluoride at least once a day. This way you will prevent the onset of decay and strengthen your dental enamel. Our brand, FluorKIN Anticaries, consisting of a toothpaste and mouthwash, will help you to maintain good oral hygiene if combined with the correct toothbrushing technique.