Gingivitis is a common condition among adults, which causes inflammation and bleeding gums and can become extremely uncomfortable. If it is not treated in time, it can even lead to tooth loss. It is therefore highly important to be able to identify the initial symptoms and thus prevent further damage. For this reason, we have created a quick and easy test that will help you to detect if you may be suffering from gingivitis:
- Do your gums bleed, especially during toothbrushing?
- Do you notice any discomfort or pain in the gums when chewing, just above the teeth?
- Do your gums look redder than usual?
- Do you have bad breath?
- Is the top part of your teeth, next to the gums, yellow or stained?
If the answer to most of these questions is yes, it is very likely that you are suffering from gingivitis. If this is the case, it is important that you:
- Visit a dentist, as you are probably going to need a specific treatment.
- Avoid tobacco and alcohol as these things exacerbate the condition.
- Use specific products, like our brand GingiKIN B5 (or KIN B5 internationally).
When you have healthy gums again, follow these tips to prevent it in future:
- Healthy gums are pink in colour, completely fill the interdental spaces and do not bleed when flossing and during toothbrushing.
- It is important to brush your teeth for 2 minutes, 3 times a day.
- Toothbrushing should be gentle, to avoid damaging the gums.
- Use dental floss or an interdental brush at least once a day, to remove any plaque between the teeth and below the gums.
- Also brush your tongue, as lot of bacteria accumulate there.
- Rinse with mouthwash that contains fluoride at least once a day.
- Even if you have no pain, visit your dentist twice a year. In the long run, your oral health will thank you!